Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Once a month?

I honestly haven't intentionally been posting only once a month. But it seems like that is the way it's going. I have actually considered hanging it up entirely. But I know that our family and friends would be so very disappointed :( So, bear with me as I figure out what I'm going to do about this blog. And please, give us some feedback on what you all think. But, while I'm deciding what to do here are some pics from the past month.
This little beauty was taken just yesterday. I love this giraffe dress that Maya's grandma bought her at Christmas time. I can't believe how well it fits now. I think it was nearly dragging the ground when she got it. I also love this expression on Maya's face.

We spent a weekend in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge last month to celebrate the marriage of my niece. Maya was all about riding the merry-go-round until she got on it and then she would have nothing but a ride on our laps. Almost every day she says, "She ride marry-go-round. She ride zebra." There was a zebra and that was what she wanted to ride on but when we sat her on it she didn't want anything to do with it. And yes, she often refers to herself as "she".

A rare decent shot of the three of us. I am usually behind the camera not in front of it. As you can see here, I couldn't even get mine down quick enough for my sister to get this pic.

Our beauty on the porch at the cutest, tiniest wedding chapel I've ever seen.

Maya and her cousin Lilli.

Maya loves her some Aunt (cousin) Sarah. Maya is pretty slow to warm up to people. Even our family that she sees very often. But not Sarah. She will usually go right to Sarah and will seek her out when we are all together. Granted, there are a bunch of us. I have 5 brothers and sisters and their significant others, 9 nieces and nephews and their counterparts, a great niece and a great nephew (and another one on the way). So when we are all together, it's a crowed for sure. And usually when we get together, we are almost all there as most everyone lives close.

The beautiful bride and groom Samantha and Randy.

She takes my breath away.

BFFs

It's not easy to get a 2 year old and a giant dog to both pose for a pic but this one turned out pretty good except for the big smudge on my lens...hmmm, wonder who's tiny fingerprint created that??

One of Maya's favorite things to do is play in her jewelry box. She will put it all on then take it all off and then do it all over again. Usually if she is being too quiet in her room that is what she's doing...usually.

6 comments:

The Ferguson Family said...

I'm so glad to see a blog! We need to get together. We will actually be at the Nitro Pool tomorrow (Thursday) around 11:00. If you are down this way, we'd love to see ya'! I also have a hard time keeping up with my blog. I really enjoy reading your blog and seeing updated pictures--even if it is only once a month!

Anonymous said...

McFee Family,

Ok - the blog has to stay as we all really LOVE to see Maya get more beautiful with each photo so that's our plug regarding the blog situation. All the photos are just awesome, especially Maya and Fischer - too sweet!!! I just love Maya's dress for the wedding.... as Ella has the same one (her Godmother, Dawn, bought it at Gymboree for her two year old photo shoot). Take care and miss you all,

The Lazar's

Anonymous said...

Oh, you can't stop posting! I so look forward to seeing what's new.
Love the big girl pants. And all the other new pics and posts.

Sissy

Anonymous said...

Please don't take away your blog. I look EVERY day, and when you do put new pictures on, it's like I have received a gift. We don't get to see Maya, or any of you but once or twice a year. So don't take them away. If I only get pictures once a month, I can except that. We love you and miss you. Judy, Chauncey, Chaunc, Racheal

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't stop the blog. I do so enjoy seeing the family growth. Maya has come a long way. She is gorgeous. I know its time consuming and I don't always respond but I keep up with whats new in the McFee household. Thanks for sharing this great journey with us all. Karen E.

Kim said...

LOVE the pictures..
Maya is soooo pretty...
Please don't stop posting.. it would break my heart.. Once a month is good.. I know everyone is busy... Sure I won't be posting like I do once Isabella is home.. but I totally understand too..
Have a Great Month..
Looks like you had an amazing month...