Friday, September 08, 2006

Come In To My Parlor


I broke out the old Sony Cyber-Shot this morning because I am dying without a camera. It actually took some ok pictures of this spider in her web. Emily and Jared's wedding is tomorrow so we'll see if it can keep up with the good pics tomorrow. I'll take the old 35mm Minolta just in case.
For anyone who has been keeping up with the property issue we've been having with our Aunts, it all came to a bitter end yesterday on the Kanawha County Court House steps. Was it ever a show in ignorance and arrogance on behalf of my cousins who by the way, have no part in it at all until their mothers kick the bucket which must be what they were holding out for. Shame shame... If you will recall, we have tried every way possible to settle this nebulous 130 acre land dispute. Including offering to buy their part, sell them our part and having it surveyed and divided and they would not take any of those options. It is useless land undivided, unless of course we would like to build a commune. Apparently the heavy Virginia and Georgia Reds are not very communal(if you think WVnians are red, you should have been there yesterday). If it weren't for the fact that I grew up on that property and it has been in our now defunct extended family for more than 50 years, I would be laughing serious belly laughs at the display and occurrences yesterday. Instead I snigger occasionally and say good by to my, our homeplace. Pretty ironic that within the past month, at least half of my direct family has laid eyes and feet on that piece of land. I would guess that it has been more than 30 years since any of the others have done the same. What means more to you? Good riddance to bad rubbish, I say. And I don't mean the property!
On another front. No news about baby girl. We did go to Target last week and register in the store. That was a ton of fun. It was like shopping without buying a thing. I also went to Toys-R-Us to register. It's really hard to guess at sizes for this girl. Even what season has become anyone's guess. I don't put much stock in rumors but I can't help but check in on the Rumor Queen site occasionally. She has rumors now that referrals will go to August 18. That would really put us close:) Earlier in the month though, the rumor was not even finishing up July:( And so we wait. What's new huh?
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Family drama.... Hmmmmm, well I just stoped by to introduce myself as a fellow 9-12 LIDer and got caught up in your story. Sorry to say I have Been There Done That and it is never any fun, I feel for you. Now the Rumors as of late are one extreme or the other so I will go with the worsest case and save what is left of my sanity. If I get better news I will be flying for a while! Nice to meet you, Stacey in Tx