Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Snip, Snip

The deed is done...Thank goodness! Maya's tongue is no longer tied. The procedure took all of about 5 minutes and she is just fine now. Her mouth was numb for an hour or so afterwards but after that wore off she was just the same as ever. Granted, I kept her dosed up with Tylenol but she's really been the same ol' babbley girl. She has actually eaten better today than a lot of days. I think the worst part was being away from Mom and Dad and being swaddled up tight. I haven't seen in her mouth well enough to tell how much different it looks under her tongue but can already tell she is moving her tongue around more. She fell asleep while taking her bottle before bed tonight and I could see her moving her tongue around in there when she was finished. It was much more flat and not all balled up like it used to be. I think she was able to get more suction on her bottle too. She used to bite the nipple a lot but there was no biting tonight and she kept a good tight seal around the nipple throughout the entire feeding. I'll have to check it out but didn't want to bother it or draw her attention to it today. The nurse said it would probably feel like a pizza burn or a canker sore under there for a day or two. She didn't get any stitches.



How funny are these 4x4 pajamas?!! Pajamas are one of the only things that Maya is in need of...well, not anymore. Since it's July and time to put out the Christmas trees and winter coats (ggrrr), Walmart (Paul!) had some of their summer pj's on clearance. I refuse to pay full price for summer pj's that she'll only wear for a couple of months. There was not one single pair of girls pj's on the rack. So Maya ended up with these camo boys pj's. Notice the bow in her hair just in case there was any doubt.

4 comments:

Kim said...

To funny.. that is the only thing that I have not found on clearance... Everything I have been buying is on sale.. EXCEPT P.J's...
Glad her tongue is okay..
Have a great day..
Kim

Paul Lazar said...

Nice Walmart Plug Jill (next time pay full price though)! Just kidding - we signed on to ensure that the procedure went well - terrific!!!!We can't wait to see you in August and are so happy this little event is over - and no stiches! But Jill, the title - clip - clip - well I'm certainly glad this post was about Maya and not Mike! Just kidding - happy 4th guys! We are so glad Maya is well. Paul, Laura, Evan and Ella.

Anonymous said...

I love the slide shows. She sure is growing and I must say she is getting cuter and I didn't think it was possible.What a good time it seems you are having. I know you count your blessings daily. God Bless and enjoy the rest of the summmer.
Love ya KAren E.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't able to see the slide show the other day when I looked at your website but I saw It today. That is just so neat. I love the camo pj's, too.
Hope Maya is back to her same sweet self now.
Love you all,
Sissy