Sunday, July 01, 2007

Maya's Purse

This Bitty Betsy Vera purse has been hanging on Maya's closet door since October of last year. A week or so ago she pulled it off and handed it to me. I put a few things in it and she laid it down and never looked at it again until yesterday. Well, she has almost not been without it since. I put some old used up gift cards, my old cell phone which still works but will not make a call, her sunglasses and a watermelon lipgloss in it today. She thinks she is hot stuff carrying around that purse. When we left the house today she had to take her purse with her just like her Mom. How funny! Until today she has not showed much attachment to "things" except her lovie which she doesn't have a problem leaving but likes to have it when she takes a bottle and a nap.


Maya has just learned how to zip and unzip bags. Now nothing is safe. I discovered this when I went to check on a quiet girl in my bathroom and my makeup was scattered all over the floor with Miss Chickie zipping and unzipping the bag. Maybe that is part of the fascination with this little purse.

Honestly, I haven't been keeping Maya's hair in pony tails but was inspired by Carrie when I saw how stinking cute Audrey looked with her "pixie tails" so I tried two instead of one. I couldn't get them straight so I went back to one lonely tail. But here is a pic of the crooked tails.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Tooooo CUTE..
A girl has to have a purse..
I love the picture of Maya playing with the phone..
Have a great week.
Kim

granola girl said...

Her with the sunglasses on her head looking at her cell phone is priceless.

My 2 year old niece looked at the last picture and said "Audrey!" LOL I said "No it's Maya" Gotta say I LOVE the hair!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much she is growing! What a cutie and such a MOMMA's girl! Isn't it scary how they watch everything you do???
Maya just looks wonderful!!