Friday, June 29, 2007

What's Going on with Maya?

Well, she's just growing and growing...particularly her hair. Today, I was able to get this cutest pony tail in the top. She actually left it alone and it was in all day long. Even after I took it down last night, her hair stuck straight up. It was very funny. She loves to share her food. Fisher is her favorite sharing partner. Yes, we took the sucker away after she let fisher lick it.

This is the pitiful sight I get when return from downstairs. Both of my babies waiting patiently for Mom to come back. If I take too long, I get a yell.

Each afternoon Maya finds this pacifier that we bought in China and will suck and chew on it for about an hour. I usually don't even know where it is but she can find it. I think she hides it when she's finished so she can get it the next day. She has never showed much interest in a pacifier (thank goodness). There are a few lying around in her toy boxes and different places. I'm not real sure what's up with the afternoon paci fix but I hope that it doesn't amount to much more than that. I hate nothing more than listening to a child talk around a pacifier. Maya is a constant talker. But is quiet when the paci is in her mouth. It actually gives my ears a rest! LOL She does say many words but more so babbles. We have an appointment on Tuesday to have her tongue clipped. (OUCH!!) She is very tongue tied. The surgeon says that she shouldn't have speech issues and already doesn't have many feeding issues. She does say light ("dight") and lid ("did") now but hopefully she'll learn quickly how to lift that tongue up after it's clipped.
Still loves the water. She's happiest when she's wet!


Loves the sprinkler and the pool and a bath. Any time we go outside she has to have her "flops" on. It's actually a good thing she loves them because it is so dry here that our grass is crispy and it hurts to walk on it barefooted.
We went to Tennessee last weekend to visit Maya's Grandma and Grandad. She was teething and ran a fever most of the weekend. She was pretty much a bear. We did go to Steve Kaufman's Acoustic Kamp again this year. She loved the live music even through a fever and swollen gums. Just another confirmation that this treasure truly is our daughter.




2 comments:

granola girl said...

She is so DAMNED cute!!!

It's amazing that you can get anything to stay in her hair --not happening over here--I think we've lost 3 clips so far.

Kim said...

She is growing so much.. Great pictures..
Have a great weekend.
Kim