Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas Crafts

Julie (Tess's Mommy) posted the beautiful "O Holy Night" pictures that she created for the holidays. What a great idea! In the fun tradition of a "challenge", she asked for other folks to post their crafty Christmas decoration creations. So here is mine.
A few years ago a ordered a book of Christmas recipes/decorations/gifts etc. My favorite idea in the book was these ornaments. They are made of a ball of foil with paper mache over it to make the shape of the face. I never dreamed that they would turn out they way they did since I'm not all that crafty and am certainly not a painter. I made more than 20 and gave them out as gifts. These are a few of the ones that I kept.
This is my favorite Santa in action (if you call hanging on a tree "action" LOL)






5 comments:

granola girl said...

You are so crafty!! Those are really cute. The only ornaments we've ever made where from Styrofoam balls. LOL

Kim said...

VERY CUTE!!!!!
Love them...
Kim

Anonymous said...

Those are stinkin' ADORABLE! How clever! Thanks for sharing!

Catherine said...

those are really neat! You did a great job!

Lisa and Tate said...

How totally cute! I cannot seem to do anything that does not look like a disaser with paint! You did a great job!