Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Long Way to Drive for Beer


Yesterday, on Erica's birthday, we loaded up the dog and the growlers and took a little trip to Morgantown. Not only is Morgantown home to West Virginia University but even more importantly, the West Virginia Brewing Company. I "did time" at WVU back in the day. It was the most miserable year (before this wait for our daughter) of my life. I get this sick feeling in my stomach and head when crossing the bridge from Westover into town even today. The brew pub was not around when I went to school there. It probably wouldn't have made much of a difference anyway. The Apricot Wheat is a seasonal beer :)
We did get the growlers filled, as evidenced by the picture. 2 Ned's, 1 Appalachian Ale and 1 mix of Ned's and the Apricot Wheat. It's very similar to a Magic Hat #9. The perfect mix between bitter and sweet. Ned's is far to hoppy and bitter for me but I do love that Apricot. Can you tell who's gonna be drinking this beer? Notice there's no growler of only the Apricot.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: