Tuesday, October 14, 2008

September

As summer came to an end we got busy trying to make the most of every last minute of warmth and sunshine. Now here it is the middle of October and it's still warm and sunshiny. We are certainly not complaining. It just makes for a little harder decision on what to wear.
Maya loves bubbles. I could blow them until I passed out and she'd still be asking for more. But how could I ever say no?!



September brought Maya's first shiner. Here it is the day it happened. I never took another pic of her while it was healing but it was just a little blue under her eye. The scrape healed quickly and we're putting Mederma on it now. You can hardly tell it was even there. Her cousin Bryce was showing her a new dance move and he bumped her a little too hard. Dancin'...it's risky business!


I have been slacking on the wildflower pics this year so we decided to have a photo shoot while taking care of Shadow and Sir Galahad late in the month. It has never been very easy to get good photos of our beauty. I know it doesn't seem that way from this blog but I have to take many, many horrible ones to get one good one. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Thank goodness for the digital camera!! Lately Maya has been almost refusing to look at the camera. I try every ploy to get her to look and not much of anything works. I just happen to get lucky sometimes. It starts the minute I pull the camera out. She will not look at me no matter what. Here's what I got from our only wildflower shoot this year. I bought this little dress while we were waiting for Maya. She's never worn it and it's getting too short so I had to try it for the pics.


Bobble-head Maya.


We went to Tennessee for a visit on the way to Atlanta for the Autumn Moon Festival with the Lazars. We finally visited the Knoxville Zoo. Maya loved it and still talks about the animals. She sat right up there beside of this gorilla. She was very slow moving and seemingly sweet behind the glass. Pardon the flash.

Maya and Grandpa riding the lion.

It rained at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Something we have seen very little of around here. There was this great little puddle in their yard. It was very deep and clean. If it had been in our yard, one step in it and it would have become a mud hole. Maya jumped and splashed around in it for a long time and it never got muddy.

Then we were off to Atlanta. We had another great time with the Lazars and thank them so much for hosting us in their beautiful home. This adoption has blessed us in so many ways. First and foremost of course is being given this fantastic child that makes us smile and has created so much more love in our lives than we ever thought possible. Second is the forever friendships that we have made with our travel group and in particular the Lazars. We love this family!!
Maya and Ella got along just fine. Like they have been buds forever! I was pretty lame with the camera but here are a few shots from our weekend.
The girls playing a little beauty shop.

And being the smiley, happy, beautiful girls that they are.

The whole gang (minus Evan as he's behind the camera) on top of Stone Mountain.

Dad, on top of the world...in more ways than one!

Maya and Momma in front of that giant rock sticking out of the ground.

After dark with their glowsticks.

We just got back from the Outer Banks this past weekend. I will try to get a post up for that trip soon.

3 comments:

Kim said...

YEAH!!!
I was wondering when you were going to post..
LOVE all the pictures.. Looks like you have been having fun..
Sorry to hear about the shiner..that is too bad.. but don'tknow of any little one who hasn't got one..
Have a Great Month..
Love watching Maya grow up..

granola girl said...

It's so great to see you posting! That girl is still as gorgeous as the day her face popped up on my pc. I've been planning to email now that I see you're still out there I will.

HUGS!!

Anonymous said...

FINALLY..... We have been waiting, waiting, waiting... We just love the photos. The girls are so sweet and of course beautiful! We really did have an awesome time with you guys with plenty of laughs and lots of teasing (Mike always has this smirk..)!! Thanks so much for taking the time to visit us and we can't wait to see you again!!!

Love ya - The Lazar's