Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Back in the Camera Business


We finally decided on a new digital camera and actually bought it. This picture in real life is incredible. Our new Panasonic FZ7 came highly recommended and so far, has proven to be a suburb camera. We discussed getting a digital SLR but damn, those are giant cameras. The FZ7 does have some SLR functions and for the price and size, it's perfect for us. It's relatively small and super light. I know a little about aperture control and shutter speed and such but not a lot. So, to dump a ton of dough on a SLR at this point in my photography career (yeah, right...career...LOL) would be foolish. Maybe once I master the FZ7 we'll consider the SLR. But for now this camera rocks. Don't worry, I won't let it out of my sight.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

granola girl said...

Do you know anything about video cameras? Sounds like you've done your research and I want a little one for the trip---our current one is too big and old.
Matt is making me wait until the last possible minute to get one because he says every 6 months the technology will be different---he's been right so far.
When are we on for hockey. Pens start tomorrow!