Monday, January 22, 2007

First, the Good News



The good news is that we got our passports back today with our Chinese travel visas attached. Thank goodness! I have been holding my breath while these passports were out of our possession. Now for the bad news. We were told on match day that there was a slim chance that we could travel before CNY. Well, that slim chance disappeared today as we still do not have our TA (travel authorization). And there is still no word on when the TAs will be here. CCAI says now that they're hoping to get us out of here around 2/22. If anyone is counting that is 4 more weeks for Maya to be without her Mama and Daddy, and for her Mama and Daddy to be without her. On the flip side of this whole development, our travel should be a little cheaper since CNY will be over. And maybe Sandra will be back from New Zealand. We may get to meet our sweet girl's guardian angel. We have lots of hugs for her! I was feeling like I could stand this wait until today. Now, all of the sudden, I don't think I can wait one more day much less four more weeks. I guess I don't have much choice, huh?

3 comments:

granola girl said...

I am so sorry you are having to wait even more! Sorry to see we aren't the only ones still dancing around like we gotta pee without a bathroom in sight---I think I am going to BURST soon!!!

Maybe our travel dates will overlap at this rate? Does that happen?

BIG HUGS

Anonymous said...

Jill, your amazing patience is what will make you such an amazing mom to Maya. I'm sure it doesn't help, but know that we are all anxious for you & Mike to scoop Maya up in your arms, and what a blessing it will be to get to meet Maya's Guardian Angel!

Lisa~~ said...

So sorry about the wait to travel, that really stinks. Once you do have Maya in your arms the pain of the wait will fade, but for now, I know it's tough. Hugs to you.