Wednesday, March 14, 2007

There's No Place Like Home!!!

Our home is the best place ever!!! We have seen a bigger outpouring of thoughtfulness and love for us and our daughter than we could have ever imagined! We have the absolute best family and friends. We just have to say...
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
We're back in the land of super slow internet. Today is the first day I've sat down to the computer. Maya is napping. I'm gonna have to go elsewhere to load some pictures. I miss the fast internet service at the White Swan...
Maya is adjusting wonderfully so far. The time change has us all a little wacky but she's still sleeping through the night. She gets up pretty early but then will take a nap in the late morning. She is happy most of the time and loves her room and her crib. She is eating well. She gives us big belly laughs often. She is so smart!
I do believe that she knew that she was home when we got here. She settled right in and seems to feel very comfortable in her house. She was a little apprehensive around Maggie and Fisher at first but now she love to watch them and she likes to touch fishers floppy lips. He sits and waits for her to drop crumbs. Fisher seems a little sad that he is not the one and only anymore.
I will try to get some pictures up soon. You wouldn't believe that Maya could get any more beautiful but, it's true, she can. We love this tiny girl. We are so happy to have her home!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Welcome home McFee family of three! Can't wait to see new pics!

Anonymous said...

We are so glad you all are home, too.
And you were right. The pictures did not do Maya justice. She is such a beautiful baby girl. I can't get enough of her.
Love, Sissy

Anonymous said...

Thank Goodness you finally posted something again, I have been jonesing to see what is going on with you!! Happy, happy days ahead!!!

Ash

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! You know this is a special young lady when she makes the local paper the first time she steps foot in WV! Glad everyone is settling in nicely.

The Strickers

PS - Once again I showed Camryn a picture of you, Mike & Maya and the only person she would point to and ask "Who is that?" was you!! I swear she remembers you from NICU!

granola girl said...

YEAHH!! That is what I was waiting to hear! So glad to know that you guys are settling in! Can't wait to see more pictures too!!

BIG HUGS!!

We leave in 8 days!!

Lisa~~ said...

Welcome home!

Anonymous said...

I've been impatiently awaiting an update. So glad you all are home too. I saw some really cute clothes for her, but wasn't sure if she would need anything right now. Let us know so we can go buy some for her. She really is the most beautiful baby girl and it looks so natural for you to have her in your arms. Congratulations, I'm so happy for you and send you all my prayers and love.

Katrina

Anonymous said...

Jill I have been watching your story along with the Kinder's and Ferguson's. You have a beautiful little girl. If you remember I was the one standing in front of you at Kimberly Church of God. My son went and got you hot chocolate. Anyways Congrats!!! May God Bless your family. Tracy Lutsy

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you gave us an update. We have been dying! I cant wait to see new pics. We knew she would settle in quickly - it is hard not to when surrounded by so much love.

We cant wait to meet Maya McFee. Hugs and kisses to you all.

Caryn & Jason

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had a safe trip. The Strasburg, VA gang is eagerly awaiting to meet the family of three. Maya is such a beautiful little girl :-)

Anonymous said...

So sorry that we couldn't be there when you disembarked from the plane, but know that we've been with you all along in spirit! We can't wait to see that sweet little package and were hoping that maybe you would be up for some visitation on Tuesday. Glad to hear that things are going great. Talk to you soon...

Love & Hugz

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for a play date. I'm hunting for something really special for the China doll. I know what it is I just have to find it. Will be in touch when I find the treasure. Glad to have you all home safe and sound.
Karen E.

Anonymous said...

I've been in a crappy mood all day.....until I read this blog! Wonderful news that the three of you are back safe and sound. You all look so happy! Welcome home.

EricD