Monday, February 26, 2007

A Long Day


Does anyone else see braces in Maya's future. This is a usually face that we see on our girly. She is happy most of the time and smiles and giggles a lot. Catching the smile with the camera is a whole other story.


She is not standing or pulling up on her own yet but she's coming close. She did manage to get up on her knees today in her crib.


Maya loves her Dad but today it has been from a distance. She did let him feed her this afternoon and will let him feed her if I hold her. She will also smile at him from her stroller or my lap and says Da Da Da all of the time looking right at him or for him when she says it. But today she was not to happy with Dad holding her. That will change soon. It's just gonna take a little time.


There are 2 Maya's in our group of 10 families. Both of them had to have a costume change today at the civil affairs office. I'm not sure what happened to the other Maya but our Maya peed all over her cute red outfit.


This is another beautiful Yangchun girl, Ella Lazar and her big brother Evan. The Lazars are wonderful people and we've made great friends in them. We share a special bond as our daughters not only were in the same orphanage but, shared a room also.


Our sweet girl.
Most of the babies have been a little cranky today including Miss Maya. But just a little. We have heard crying babies being walked up and down the hallway outside of our room most of the night. These little girls have had the world turned upside down. Please continue to pray for us and all of these sweet babies. We are only just beginning and we are already ready to come home. Tomorrow is another day and hopefully a better one for everyone.

18 comments:

granola girl said...

Keep the posts coming!! She looks so precious and happy!

I'm glad to see you can use your blogger account---I didn't think it was going to be possible. I guess we'll see how much luck we have with it.

No TA yet but the day is early and it's only Monday so I hope we hear something as the week goes on---at least I can live vicariously through you for now ;)

I'm so happy for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I just can't wait to get my hands on her. She is so precious.
Hurry home.
Love, Sissy

Anonymous said...

It doesn't look like it's going to be long until the three of you have settled into your life as a family! Maya is so beautiful...so beautiful. I love that you're wearing your "Lucky Mommy" t-shirt, Maya needs one that says "lucky little girl"!

Enjoy the rest of your trip, can't wait to hear more!

Anonymous said...

What an incredible experience this is to be able to share this with you. It has been so much fun to watch all this unfold---even if it is from afar. We have enjoyed getting on our laptops eagerly anticipating what you'll post next. The pictures are just incredibly full of emotion. Motherhood---it suits you well.

Lots of love,
Chip & Amy

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing more of the girly thanks for sharing her with us. I couldn't wait to get home to see her pictures this morning! You guys hang in there looks like your doing great. I'm praying for you both. Lots of love and a kiss for Maya.

Mandy

Anonymous said...

We are still following your blog and loving the pictures of Maya. We are so happy for you and glad your trip is going well. We will be 3 months LID tomorrow, it seems so far away but you make it so real and are such an encouragement! God Bless

Anonymous said...

Thinking about you guys and enjoying every minute of this with you.

Anonymous said...

Hi-I saw your blog mentioned on Carrie's blog...I'm DeeDee and work with Jennifer at Burlington...adoption worker in Grafton and Matt and Carrie's worker. Just wanted to mention that my oldest daughter from China is named Maya and my youngest, Ella, is from Yangchun too! Such coincidences. Mrs. Yu is wonderful and will always remember you...I have sent photos back to the orphanage or had other families hand carry them and everyone says she loves getting the photos and her office at the orphanage is plastered with photos of the children that have been adopted. Good luck and have a great time!
DeeDee

Anonymous said...

Hey! You guys look like you are having a ball!! Maya looks like she is having a great time with you and Mike. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures with us!! I have enjoyed every minute of getting to watch you all as you become a family!!! Thinking about u and all the other little girls!!! My thoughts and prayers are with you!!!
Love, Hugs, and Kisses
to you all!!!
Sara

Anonymous said...

What great pictures! Maya is so beautiful. Ahh the joys of parenthood. We're all thinking about you guys everyday. I'll keep all the tinies and their families in my prayers. Love ya, Jennifer

Anonymous said...

OH! AGAIN I say how beautiful she is. Thanks guys its been great traveling with you.
Karen

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful and you all look so happy. Chew on her for me. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

A big hello from NICU. We are thinking of you and could not be happier for you and your new boo. We are working very have tonight as always. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. The night shift crew.

granola girl said...

We need more pictures!! My tea tastes a little bitter this morning without your sweet family to look at!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful, I love looking at the pictures, but I cannot wait to see your special Maya in person. Thinking of your family often. Take care, and give Maya big hugs and kisses from me.
Love you all, Linda

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see that pretty baby in person. Give her big hugs and kisses. She is so precious keep the pictures coming can't wait to know your all home safely.

love, trisha spell

ps she doesnt look sad just sober she takes life seriously

Anonymous said...

Jill, Mike and Maya,

She is so beautiful. I check your site every chance I get. I think of you all every day and am praying for you.

Love
Trisha Spell

Anonymous said...

Hey guys,

I am so glad Maya is having a happier day today. The whole unit checks this site every day for new updates and pictures - keep them coming! She is absolutely beautiful! We are all soooo excited for you! I will continue to keep you in my prayers. 6 days!!! What a precious girl!

Glad to see you so beautifully blessed,

Tamela