Monday, October 15, 2007

Dora Birthday Party etc...

Maya and I went to Lauren's Birthday party this weekend. Lauren was a very sick little baby that I took care of in the NICU. She is now a perfectly healthy 3 year old beauty. I love my job. Dora was at the party. Maya has never been around a dressed up character before and we were anxious to see how she would react. When I told Maya that Dora was going to be at the party she was very excited and was also very cooperative about getting ready to go as we were running late and had to be quick about it. We don't watch Dora but we have a few Dora dolls (thanks to our secret pals) and Maya loves Dora. She can pick her out in a store when I don't even see her. She shouts "Dora!" and I have to look all around to see where Dora is.
I carried Maya in to the party and pointed Dora out as we walked over to where she and all of the other kids were. She smiled and started kicking her legs but had a pretty tight grip on my shoulder. Then I sat her down and she walked right up to Dora then immediately ran reaching to me. I picked her up and we talked about Dora and her eyes (as that was what Maya was talking about). Than she wiggled back down and was fine the rest of the time. She even took a little wagon ride with Lauren as Dora pulled them around.

Just had to add in these cute pics. She loved her pocket.


1 comment:

Kim said...

Love the pictures...
Especially the last one... That smile is PRICELESS...
Have a Wonderful Evening.
Kim