Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Papaw :}

I lost my Dad on February 29, 2000. He would have LOVED Maya without a doubt. But, who couldn't. All of the grandkids in my family have called Dad Pops. For some reason while going through our routine of naming every person in the photos on the wall in our hallway, I called Dad Papaw to Maya one day. She has been saying "Papaw" a lot lately and I can feel my heart in my throat each time I hear Maya's sweet voice speaking to the Papaw that she'll never know in person. She always goes through her list of people she is talking to on the telephone. Usually it's "Hello? Lella? (Ella Lazar, Maya's roommate and best bud from Yangchun City CWI), DaDa?" and that's the list. Well, yesterday she added Momaw and Papaw. Oh, how I wish she could speak to her Papaw on the phone or face to face. Maybe she does...

Turn up your volume. You don't want to miss this sweet voice!

I'm working on better pony tails. It is very hard to draw a strait line on a moving melon!

5 comments:

granola girl said...

We have a chatty phone girl too! She calls DadDad and Nana.

I also know how it feels to have lost a parent. All the joy you know they would have had with your child in their arms is the hardest.

Hope you're enjoying the Indian Summer.

Anonymous said...

How absolutely precious!

Kim said...

That brought tears to my eyes...
It is so sad that we lose those special people..
Isabella will never know her Great Grandfather.. And he was the BEST...
He just passed away at the first of the month... He wanted to meet her soo bad.. But you know what..
Papaw has already met Maya. He was the first to meet her...
And I know that my Grandfather will be picking Isabella for us too..
Have a Wonderful Evening..
She is sooo adorable..
This is what keeps me positive through this LONG journey..
Thank you
Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh my - that voice is so cute! I can't stop listening to it. She's just a doll!

Karen Stricker

Anonymous said...

Hello Maya, Mommy and Daddy. My how she is growing. I love the cat ears and the telephone conversation. And I'm sure PaPaw would dearly love little Maya. I don't check in quite as often but it always brings a smile to my face and warmth to my heart. Continued Happiness to you all
Karen E.