Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Who's That Girl?

Well, it's Maya and her Mama with a brand new haircut.

This was me yesterday before going to work. This is how I wear my hair almost everyday in the summer. Occasionally, I will french braid it. Late this spring I was watching the Today Show and there were people all over the country cutting off their hair and sending it to Locks of Love. I decided that day that I would chop mine off at the end of the summer. I've had long hair since high school except for a few months about 4 years ago. I got it cut not as short as it is now and let it grow out again from that very moment.

I really like my new do. I wondered what Maya would think when she woke this morning and found her Mama without a ponytail or scrappy hair hanging all over the place. I didn't think she really even noticed until tonight. I was cooking and Mike was holding Maya behind me and she reached out and ran her fingers through the back of my hair. She has just recently started trying to pull her fingers through my hair but it's always such a ratty mess that they just get tangled up in it. It's all silky now and she can pull her fingers all the way through it. And, it stands up to a piggy back ride.


Bye-bye hair. I hope it will be as good to someone else as it has been to me.

And, just a sneak peak of a potential Halloween costume for Miss Girl. I wondered if Maya would keep this cat headband on. She loved it and wore it for quite a while last night. Then she found it again tonight and wore it some more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the new hair cut. It looks great. And of course Miss Maya is adorable as always. I love the cat ears!

Sandy & Darrah

Anonymous said...

I love your hair (and Miss Kitty's ears too!) Lauren is letting hers grow longer so she can donate to Locks of Love as well! Now, if I can only get Camryn's to grow.....

Karen Stricker

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful! I loved the hair!! My how that girl is growing like a weed. Lots of love to you all.

Anonymous said...

Love the hair!!! It is so youthful. We can't believe how much Maya has changed in such a short time. She just keeps getting prettier. Thanks for sharing.

Love,
Chip & Amy

Kim said...

Love the new hair cut....
It looks GREAT...
Love the pictures...
Looks like she is just sooo happy...
Can't wait for my turn..
Have a Great Weekend.
Kim